An energy audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output. The need to reduce energy costs is a vital business practice for successful organizations, and energy audits have begun to play a more important role in managing energy expenses. Energy audits can envelope a variety of surveying techniques but most commonly consist of an analysis of energy usage within a system or facility and its contained equipment.
It consists of activities that seek to identify conservation opportunities prior to the development of an energy savings program.
Objectives of Energy Audit
The Energy Audit provides the crucial information base for overall energy conservation program housing essentially energy utilization analysis and evaluation of energy conservation measures. It aims at:
- Identifying the quality and cost of various energy inputs.
- Determining present pattern of energy consumption in different cost centers of operations.
- Relating energy inputs and production output.
- Identifying potential areas of thermal and electrical energy economy.
- Highlighting wastage’s in major areas.
We offer services of Energy Audit for industries certified energy auditor of BEE